Installing a new shingle roof is a huge commitment, so be sure you understand the entire roofing estimate process from start to finish. Knowledge is power, and ensures you’ll be happy with your new roofing installation.
Shingle Roofing Installation Estimate: 7 Crucial Points to Remember
Begin with these seven crucial points from the roofing experts.
- Do your homework. Even if you know you want roof shingles, think about what type of shingles you’d like to install. Architectural shingles give your roof a three-dimensional look and are extremely durable. This type of shingle is also more pricey than 3-tab shingles, which are a smoother, pressed material. The price difference between the two shingle types can make a big difference in your total roofing estimate.
- Get your measurements. Know the pitch of your roof and the type of room you have, whether it’s gabled, a dormer, or a hip roof. Different configurations lead to different price points. Hip and gable roofs contain more sloping planes and may cost more in roofing materials.
- Shop around. Request a free roofing estimates from a variety of contractors. This is an important part of the installation estimate process. Compare companies based not only by the prices they quote, but also by their level of experience and customer service.
- Know what you’re paying for. The majority of your roofing estimate is the materials cost. Labor to both rip out the old roofing and lay down the new shingles makes up another part. Don’t forget to factor in any holiday or weekend overtime if you need your new roof installed immediately.
- Discuss a timeline with your roofing contractor. Your roofing estimate is not just about the money you’re spending. The estimate should contain a detailed time line of targeted completion dates for each phase of installation.
- Ask about discounts. Your DE roofing contractor may offer seasonal discounts for shingle installation. Don’t be afraid to inquire.
- Get it in writing. Your shingle roof installation estimate should include written information about warranties for both materials and labor.
Hire An Experienced Contractor
Contact All Roofing Solutions today to learn more about shingle roof installation and to request your FREE installation estimate. We have been installing and repairing roofs, gutters, and windows since 1998, and we look forward to partnering with you!
Call 302-725-ROOF (7663) in Delaware or 610-551-ROOF (7663) in Pennsylvania today. And don’t forget to ask about our discount of $400 off any complete roofing installation job!!!
All Roofing Solutions specializes in installation of GAF Timberline shingles, including High Definition (HD), Ultra HD, Prestique, energy-efficient Cool series and Lifetime Designer shingles. GAF offers #1-selling shingles that are durable, practically priced and provide genuine wood shake look.