The roof over your head is your home’s first line of defense when it comes to exposure to sun, rain, snow, wind and other weather elements. And if you live in Delaware or any other East Coast state, you’re sure to be exposed to all types of extreme weather conditions from scorching heat to heavy rains, blizzards or hurricanes.
The unfortunate truth is that weather damage is inevitable.
Reasons Behind Deterioration of Your Roof
Your roof is deteriorating because of these likely elements:
- Rain and snow – Moisture is roof’s enemy #1. It can damage its structure, cause mildew, rot decking and even damage the insulation.
- Sun – Heat breaks the roofing material down over time as is just a part of normal wear and tear the roof will go through.
- Wind – High winds lift, curl, and pull shingles away from the roof exposing its underpayment which can lead to significant structural deterioration and cause leaks.
- Hail – Hail can leave dents dislodging the tiny protective granules that typically protect your home from damaging UV-rays and improve the roof’s water-shedding capabilities.
- Lichen – Moss and algae can cause wood rot and structural damage over time while also discoloring your roof.
- Overgrown trees -Tree limbs and leaf buildup can become a serious problem puncturing your roof and blocking downspout systems.
The Importance of Regular Roofing Inspections
A typical asphalt shingles can be expected to last 20-30 years, depending on what they’re made of, weather conditions, quality of installation and maintenance. To prolong the life of your roof, regular roofing & gutter inspections should be a part of your regular roofing maintenance.
Homeowners can uncover those visible and hidden signs of damage through regular inspections. We recommend that only professional roofers climb up on the roof, so have your roof inspected by a contractor you can trust to provide an honest assessment. Your local roofer will assess the condition of your roof uncovering potential problems and suggesting steps you can take to increase the lifespan of your roof. And if there are any minor repairs that need to be handled, you’ll be glad to have caught them before they caused significant damage.
Homeowners should have their roofs inspected yearly, especially if the roof is 15 years old or older.
Schedule Your Roof Inspection Today!
Even if your inspection uncovers potential roof damage, it does not necessarily mean that you must re-roof. The age of the roof and the extend of the damage will ultimately determine whether repairs or complete replacement makes more sense.
If it’s been awhile since you had a Delaware roofing contractor look over your home’s roof and gutter systems request a comprehensive roofing inspection from All Roofing Solutions, family owned & operated Delaware roofing contractor with over 15 years of experience. We not only offer thorough roofing inspection and professional service but also a piece of mind that nothing was overlooked.
Call today at 302-725-ROOF (7663) in Delaware or 610-551-ROOF (7663) in Pennsylvania to schedule your inspection or request your Free Roofing Repair Estimate!