There will come a time when your home will need roof repairs and eventually a new roof altogether. Hiring the right roofer is the next step in the process, but don’t rush through this important decision.
Finding any roofing contractor is easy; finding a quality roofer is quite more difficult. This job is more important than ever, as your home is likely to be the most valuable possession you’ll own in your life.
Make sure you hire a professional who will do the job properly, on time, keeping glitches to a minimum.
Shopping for a skilled & reliable roofing contractor is much like shopping for anything else with a large price tag. Do your homework to learn about each potential candidate before taking the plunge with any particular company.
How to Find a Quality Roofing Contractor
Tips for finding a reliable roofer include:
- Word of Mouth. Ask your friends, family, or co-workers who they recommend for roof repairs. Call your local Chamber of Commerce for recommendations too.
- Interviews. Contact several roofing companies and invite them to give you a free estimate for your repairs. Ask them to bring references, and notice if they show up on time. Reliability and exceptional customer service are important.
- Credentials. Choose a roofing contractor that is licensed and insured in your home state.
- Comparisons. Compare prices, estimates and money-down policies. Ten percent down is customary; anything more than 50 percent down could cause you to raise your eyebrows. Compare the materials each contractor prefers to be sure your roof will be repaired or replaced with the best quality available for the price you are paying.
- Time Frame. Find out how long the job will take to determine if the contractor’s schedule meshes with yours.
- Financing. New roof installations can be pricey. A qualified roofing contractor that provides financing could be the right choice depending on your individual situation.
- Online. Check the roofer’s online reviews at sites like Google+, Yelp, InsiderPages, or ask around on Facebook and Twitter.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions throughout the hiring process. Home repairs are fraught with contracts, fine print, and probably a series of roofing terms you may not understand. Roofing professionals are homeowners just like you and know you want the best for your home. They are used to explaining their vocabulary and process. Be sure you know what to expect from your contractor before the project starts.
Quality You Can Trust!
If you’d like to schedule a roofing inspection to diagnose specific problems or evaluate the overall condition of your roof, contact All Roofing Solutions. We’re a family-owned business with 15 years of experience in residential and commercial roofing. We are passionate about providing great service and excellent workmanship!
We offer a wide range of roofing services to customers throughout Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania. To schedule your free consultation, call 302-725-ROOF (7663) in Delaware or 610-551-ROOF (7663) in Pennsylvania. And don’t forget to ask about our discounts!