Sometimes coined “cool roofing,” energy efficient roofs are becoming increasingly popular due to their ability to decrease utility bills and reduce your home’s carbon footprint. While most of these roofing materials cost more upfront, you’ll enjoy savings over the course of your roof’s life—and have peace of mind knowing that you’ve made a sustainable decision.
Conventional roofing materials, like shingles and wood, reflect only a small portion of the sun. On the other hand, the most efficient roofing materials reflect between 20 and 80 percent of the sun’s rays, depending upon regional climate, the direction your home faces and the specific material you choose.
Residential Roofing Installation: Top Energy Efficient Materials
Energy efficient residential roofing materials include:
- Metal: Steel, aluminum and other metals reflect a great deal of sunlight, as well as being fire- and insect-proof and flame retardant. Efficiency can be further improved by adding a protective, reflective coating to your home’s metal roof.
- Tile: Clay and concrete tile roofs withstand the weather particularly well, and can also be painted with a reflective coating. In addition, tile roof is naturally aesthetic, and complements a variety of home styles.
- Energy Star Products: The Energy Star rating is given to a variety of materials that reduce a roof’s surface temperature—and thus, a home’s air conditioning use. Ask your residential roofing contractor about which materials are recommended by Energy Star.
Also, Worth Considering
- Before deciding upon an environmentally friendly roofing material for your new or existing home, do your research and acquire at least three installation estimates.
- Remember to consider things like maintenance, too. Metal and tile roofs are very easy to maintain, and come with comprehensive warranties lasting many years.
- Finally, it’s important to check with your homeowner’s association before purchasing roofing materials, since they may enforce color or material requirements you are unaware of.
Ask Professionals For Help
To learn more about the ecofriendly benefits of copper roofs, stainless steel roofs, aluminum roofs and tile roofs, contact All Roofing Solutions. We offer free estimates and competitive pricing on energy efficient roofing materials of all types.
We’re a family-owned business with 15 years of experience in residential and commercial roofing. We provide affordable & professional replacement and installation services to customers throughout Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania. We are passionate about providing great service and excellent workmanship!
To schedule your free consultation, call 302-725-ROOF (7663) in Delaware or 610-551-ROOF (7663) in Pennsylvania. And don’t forget to ask about our discount of 15% off any roofing repair or $400 off any complete roofing installation job!!!