You already know that your house and business need a sturdy, well-installed roof to ensure years of trouble-free service. But did you know that applying a roof coating could increase the lifespan of your roof, whether it was installed recently or a decade ago?
Coating your roof can reduce heat energy costs and increase UV and waterproofing protection for the roof. As your home’s roof is exposed to heat and ultraviolet rays over the years, materials break down. This chemical breakdown begins to ruin your roof’s appearance and function. Roof coatings lend strength and longevity to roofing materials while maintaining the aesthetic appearance of any structure.
Five Advantages of Roof Coatings
Reflective roof coatings act as a barrier between your roof and the elements, and many are approved by ENERGY STAR for their proven advantages. These include:
- Reduced cooling bills. ENERGY STAR-qualified roof coatings lower your roof’s surface temperature and decrease your home’s interior temperature by an average of seven to 10 degrees. Quality roof coatings reflect damaging ultraviolet and infrared sunlight away from your building, allowing for cooler roof and building temperatures resulting in a reduction in air conditioning energy usage.
- Extended roof life. The right roof coating increases your roof’s waterproof quality guarding your roof from harmful sun rays, prevents UV damage, and reflects heat away from the roof’s surface. This increased the longevity of your covering while lowering maintenance expenses.
- Useful with a variety of materials. Roof coatings are formulated to adhere to a wide range of roofing surface types, including metal roofs, asphalt roofs, composite roofs, galvanized metal, wood, and other materials.
- Avoiding early roof replacement. Small leaks and other minor damage can be repaired before a roof coating is applied. In some cases, you may be able to avoid full-scale replacement of your roof for several years if you utilize the right coating for the job.
- Fade resistance: Reflective roof coatings help your roof maintain its color over time, improving the overall look of your home as it ages.
Consider Roof Coating
Reflective roof coating is your answer to a long lasting roof! If you’re considering this simple yet effective method of extending the life of your roof, call All Roofing Solutions, a family owned & operated Delaware roofing contractor with over 15 years of experience. We are fully licensed and insured to do roofing & siding installation, maintenance and repair work in Delaware.
We’ll help you decide which roofing material, and coating, is the best for your family residence, commercial facility, or office complex – and handle all your installation projects, large and small.
To learn more, call 302-725-ROOF (7663) in Delaware or 610-551-ROOF (7663) in Pennsylvania!