Spring is right around the corner, and soon we’ll be looking at winter in the rear view mirror.
With winter almost behind us, it’s a good idea to schedule your roofing inspection. After all, it’s no secret that the winter season can be the toughest on your roof.
7 Steps to Quality Spring Roofing Inspection
- Check your calendar, and note the time of year. As mentioned, this is something you’ll want to do every year, so go ahead and get it on your annual calendar.
- Check the shingles. Look for missing, cracked or damaged shingles. Check for blisters, dark patches, and sagging roof sections, too.
- Inspect the gutters and downspouts. Check for blockages that can restrict the flow of water away from your home. Make sure gutters haven’t been damaged by any ice dams that may have formed over the winter. Also, check that the gutters haven’t been pulled away from the home by heavy snow, and there are no holes in them.
- Examine the flashing. Because so many leaks occur it flashing points, be sure to look for signs of cracks or holes in these areas, and that the flashing is still secure.
- If you have a chimney or skylights, take a look to see that the seals between them and roofing surfaces are still intact. These are another common source for roof leaks.
- Look inside! Grab a flashlight and inspect your attic spaces for any signs of water leaks. Look around the interior of your home, too, for evidence of a leak.
- Call a local roofer. An experienced inspection contractor is the best source for a thorough inspection. If any work needs to be done, make sure the inspection contractor is bonded and insured, and provides you with a written warranty for their work.
If you’re looking for a roof inspection contractors, consider All Roofing Solutions, a family owned and operated Delaware roofing contractor with over 15 years of experience. Take advantage of their skill and know-how to keep your roof performing its best. Call 302-725-7663 in Delaware or 610-551-7663 in Pennsylvania
This article was provided by Lukasz Sobczuk, owner of LGC Roofing, a NJ & PA residential & commercial roofing contractor with over 30 years of experience. Contact us at 609-712-8157 or (215) 932-7850 for your FREE ESTIMATE!