Roofing replacement is one of the biggest home improvement investments a homeowner will ever make. Replacing a roof is a costly project you want done right, so finding a skilled contractor at a fair price is your top priority, if you want to be successful.
Researching local contractors may take some time and effort, but as you evaluate your choices you’ll soon narrow the list down to few contractors whom you can ask for comparable estimates in order to make the final decision.
It’s important to know what to look for in a roofer–and what questions to ask. And today, we have some guidelines to help you down that process.
7 Tips for Hiring the Right Roofing Contractor
Here are 7 tips for finding the best contractor for your roofing project.
- Make sure your roofing contractor is licensed by your state.
- Check if they carry adequate roofing insurance. Ask about both indemnity (liability) and worker’s insurance, noting the coverage end dates.
- Check the length and types of warranties they provide. Both materials and workmanship warranties can vary greatly, and some roofers offer comprehensive systems warranties as well. A minimum warranty of one year is standard for the roofer’s labor, but many roofers offer longer warranties.
- Request personal references. An experienced roofer should be able to provide multiple local references. Checking online reviews at sites like Google Local, Yelp, InsiderPages or Yahoo Localis also a good idea.
- Ask who will do the actual work: do they have their own team or is there a subcontractor? If the latter, ask the contractor to supply subcontractor contact information, and ask the subcontractor all the same questions.
- A comprehensive written estimate should detail the start/completion dates, materials to be used, labor cost, permits, workmanship guarantees, material guarantees and cleanup expectations. Getting multiple roofing estimates is key – only by comparing identical information you will know who is the best fit for the job and what the project is going to involve in terms of cost.
- Check specific qualifications. Some roofing manufacturers require certification and training in the installation of their products. Make sure that your roofing contractor has a proven experience in installing your particular roofing material. Bonus: trade organizations membership, and a good standing with the local Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Need a Roofer You Can Trust?
If you need an experienced Delaware or Pennsylvania roofing contractor, well versed in the art of shingle roofing installation, call All Roofing Solutions.
We offer generous warranties, top-quality materials and experienced installation professionals who get the job done right the first time.
What Sets All Roofing Solutions Apart
- Family owned and operated Delaware & Pennsylvania roofing contractor.
- Fully licensed and insured.
- Nearly 20 years of experience with roofing & siding installation and repair.
- A+ rated BBB member
- Complimentary Extended Material warranty
- 30 year workmanship guarantee on full roof replacements
- Lien Waver to protect the homeowners from material liens
- Own crew – no subcontractors!
- Handling all types of residential and commercial roofing, windows & siding projects.
- Most re-roofing projects are completed in one day.
- Because we are efficient we are able to offer very competitive prices comparing to large contractors with bigger overhead.
- Each roofing/siding projects includes a meticulously performed, post-roofing inspection. We want to make sure that your roof replacement is done correctly and that it meets with your complete satisfaction.
- All projects are supervised by company owner to ensure high quality workmanship.
- Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed!